- 8 large eggs
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup minced red onion or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup drained small capers
- 1/8 cup diced pimentos or roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 – 2 baguettes, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 400g / 14oz Burren Hot Smoked Irish Organic Salmon, spiced
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere (Swiss) cheese or Italian blend
- Sprigs of fresh dill and lemon wedges for garnish
Grease a 23×33 cm / 9-by-13-inch baking dish with butter or vegetable oil. Whisk together eggs, milk, sour cream, and lemon zest. Stir in red onions, capers, red pepper and dill.
Spread the baguette cubes in the prepared pan. Add the salmon and cheese, then top with the egg mixture and gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
Remove bread pudding from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 170°C / 350°F.
Bake bread pudding for 40 to 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it as you will need to cover the pan with tinfoil if the top begins to brown too quickly.
Remove bread pudding from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs and lemon wedges.
You may also like
Achill Lamb & Rosemary Sausage Harissa Bean StewThe Calveys are farming their own 100% pure bred strain of the early Mayo Blackface since 1856, and ewes are descendants of the original flock.
Kylemore Chocolate & Orange SconesIt’s no wonder that Kylemore Abbey is one of the West of Ireland’s most popular tourist attractions, this stunning country style manor, located in Connemara, Co. Galway proclaims the beauty, romance and sophistication of the Victorian era. Its fascinating...
Traditional Roast Beef DinnerThe suburbs of Cork City are home to a little secret. Located near Douglas, just a short drive from the centre of the Rebel City, Maryborough Hotel and Spa is set in a private estate of mature grounds and gardens. You can sense the 300 years of history...