White Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse
- Place the egg whites and castor sugar in a bowl and beat until firm and the mixture holds a figure of 8.
- Melt the white chocolate gently in a bowl sitting over a pan of boiling water, ensuring there is space between the base of the bowl and the base of the pan. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the pistachio to the whipping cream and mix well, then add the melted white chocolate and mix well.
- Add the pistachio mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and fold through thoroughly.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours
- Scrape the seeds from the ½ vanilla pod and place these with the eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until firm and the mixture holds a figure of 8, stir in a table spoon of warm water.
- Add the pinch of salt to the flour and fold carefully into the egg, sugar vanilla mixture.
- Spread the sponge mixture out onto a flat tray approx. 1cm in depth and place in the oven at 180 degrees and cook for 5 mins until springy to the touch. Leave to cool.
- Carefully pick undamaged and unsprayed rose petals. Brush lightly with the egg white. Coat well in caster sugar and leave to dry in a warm place.
- Remove the chocolate mousse from the fridge and spread over the cooled sponge. Roll up very carefully to create a nice spiral effect at either end.
- Place a spoon of mousse on the serving plate and using the back of the spoon create a nice swoop effect.
- Slice the roulade and place a slice gently on top of the mousse.
- Serve with a quenelle of homemade vanilla ice cream.
- Decorate with the rose petals and some pistachio crumbs.