- Cut the livers into 1.5cm pieces to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Add a splash of Ristorante Rinuccini Olive Oil to a frying pan and heat a knob of butter in the oil over a medium heat. The olive oil helps the butter to heat up without burning.
- Add the livers, the rest of the butter, fresh herbs and sauté until the chicken livers are browned on the outside with just a hint of pink inside.
- Transfer into a food processor.
- Deglaze the frying pan with red wine and boil for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add to the food processor and blitz all of the ingredients together.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Chill for at least an hour but overnight is best.
Chef Antonio’s Tip: After the pâté has been refrigerated for 30 minutes, pour over some melted butter and place back in the fridge. This makes a seal over the pâté to preserve it.