Making the vinaigrette:
- Combine the oils, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a sealable jar, cover, and shake until blended. Set aside.
Making the roulades:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and whiskey.
- Stir in the crabmeat and fennel seeds.
- Spread the crabmeat mixture onto the slices of salmon, roll up into cylinder shapes, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixed greens among 4 salad plates.
- Place 2 roulades and 2 slices of avocado on each, and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the greens. Serve immediately with brown soda bread.
Top Tip: *In order to prevent the avocado slices from going black, brush them with freshly squeezed lemon juice.