· Cut plums into quarters and remove the stone.
· Cut the apples into eighths.
· Heat a large frying pan and add the butter and vanilla pod, when the butter starts to foam add in the fruit and sugar. Toss in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Transfer to a suitable baking dish.
· For the topping mix all the ingredients together until it becomes a crumb.
· Sprinkle on top of your fruit and bake in a preheated oven at 170c / gas mark 3 until golden brown.
· If freezing cover and place into the freezer without baking. Remove the night before and place in the fridge to defrost fully before baking in the oven.
· Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.