There’s nothing quite as comforting as an orange cake, here Crossogue Preserves share their lovely recipe.
This is a delicious simple cake, that will take you no time to make, and even less time to eat. Crossogue Preserves make Marmalade that is absolutely to die for, and they’re also pretty adept at coming up with new and inventive ways to use it. This Marmalade Cake is no exception, taking one of their most loved marmalades to create a moist and spongy cake that is perfect with a pot of tea!
Follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat the oven at gas 4 180c (350f), then Grease an 8 inch round cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add butter, sugar, eggs, hot water and 3 tablespoons of marmalade. Mix well and beat for 3 minutes until well blended.
3. Turn the cake mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Until nice and golden.
4. Turn out and leave to cool for 1 hour on wire rack.
5. When it’s cooled, spread the remaining marmalade across the top and serve.
See, we told you it was simple! Now sit back, relax and indulge in a slice (or two).